Thiele Kaolin Higher Education Scholarship Fund
The Thiele Kaolin Higher Education Scholarship Fund was created in appreciation for the outstanding work of Thiele’s employees and to encourage their children and grandchildren to further their education.
Thiele Kaolin is one of the world’s leading sources for processed kaolin clay, with facilities in North America and Europe. Thiele mines, processes, blends, and delivers the full spectrum of kaolin coating and filler pigments.
The purpose of the Thiele Kaolin Higher Education Scholarship Fund is to help children and grandchildren of current and retired employees of Thiele Kaolin and its subsidiaries (Thiele Nordic, Thiele WI and SMS) pursue higher education.
- Applicants must be children or grandchildren of current or retired employees of Thiele Kaolin and its subsidiaries (Thiele Nordic, Thiele WI and SMS).
- Enrolled at, or accepted to, an accredited public or private college or university or technical school, pursuing an associate, undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Applicants may be graduating high school seniors or current college students.
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA is required.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Demonstrated Financial Need (70%)
- Involvement in civic and extra-curricular activities (10%)
- Honors and Awards received (10%)
- Academic Performance / GPA (10%)
Additional Short Answer Questions and Attachments
On the last page, you will select the Thiele Kaolin Higher Education Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript – you must request this from your current school.
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
Amount of Award: Typically $2,500
Number of Awards: Varies
Prior recipients may re-apply and be reconsidered each year for a future award.