Field of Interest Fund
A Fund to Support Your Passions or Interest Area.
Designate an interest area for grants from your fund. Your interest area could be a topic, such as the arts, animals, education, or it could be a geographic area, such as a specific county or community in Central Georgia. From there, we will work with you to establish a formal grant-making program for your area of interest.
For example, if you have an interest in animal welfare, we will work with you to design the grant application and promote it to all organizations that serve animals.
Or you might choose to create a field of interest fund to benefit the community you love. For example, if you were raised in a specific county in Central Georgia we would work with you to design a grant application and promote it to all nonprofit organizations in that county.
We will work with you to carefully identify nonprofit organizations performing the most effective work in the field you specify. You will be able to review the grant applications they submit and recommend which projects receive grants from your fund.
A field of interest fund allows you to personally experience the power of grant-making to benefit your passion.
What are the Benefits of a Field of Interest Fund?
The Community Foundation of Central Georgia will work with you so that you are able to keenly determine which organizations in your field of interest will benefit best from your grant.
- You determine the interest area you want to benefit and then choose the recipients who can best help that cause or community.
- You have hands-on involvement in the impact of your grant-making.
- Multiple organizations can benefit from your grants.
- Foundation staff will screen eligible organizations.
- It is giving based on your personal interests and passions.
- When you are gone, the fund will continue to support organizations within the field of interest you chose.
Have a Question?
If you have questions or are ready to get started, contact Julia Wood at 478-750-9338 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planned Giving Support