Donor Advised Fund
Offering a high level of involvement and flexibility, a Donor Advised Fund enables you to simplify and enhance your lifetime and legacy giving. Make a gift to your donor advised fund now and support your favorite charitable organizations during your life. Using your fund to complete your annual giving will help create your own personal legacy.
To ensure your legacy is maintained, the Community Foundation staff will work with you to record your interests and philanthropic intent of the fund so it continues in perpetuity to make an impact in the areas you choose.
Through your fund, you can involve heirs, family members, and/or friends, as well as name successor advisors to advise your fund when you are no longer able.
What are the Benefits of a Donor Advised Fund?
The Community Foundation of Central Georgia staff will work directly with you to set up your Donor Advised Fund.
- There is no minimum fund size! The Foundation accepts a wide variety of assets as your gift – cash, appreciated securities, retirement assets, real estate, gifts through a will, and more.
- You receive a tax deduction in the year your gift is made to your fund.
- You retain the privilege of recommending grants from your fund to nonprofits of your choice.
- The fund receives professional asset management as part of the Foundation, and the Foundation’s staff handles all of the administrative details.
- You can involve family members and choose successor advisors to advise grants from your fund when you are no longer able.
Have a Question?
If you have questions or are ready to create a Donor Advised Fund, contact Julia Wood at 478-750-9338 or email@example.com.
Hear From Donors
The Albert Billingslea Fund is a good way for my sisters and I to focus our energies. It gives us a way to think of our parents and the things they were interested in and would have liked to do for the community.- Karen Billingslea
Through the Matthews Fund, we enjoy supporting worthy causes in the Macon area, as well as other places where we have interests. In addition to our own interests, we have three children who live in three different cities and we also take pleasure in helping them support causes in which they’re involved, in the communities where they live and work.- Bill Matthews