Create A Fund.
Make An Impact.
The Community Foundation of Central Georgia is dedicated to developing, nurturing and sustaining the charitable goals of our donors and the communities we serve through charitable giving.
Creating a fund is simple and effective. We welcome all sizes and types of gifts to develop an increasingly diverse group of donors who want to establish long-term charitable funds using the most tax-advantaged methods to benefit their causes and the community.
The staff at the Community Foundation of Central Georgia will help every step of the way—from planning your initial gift to making the impact you desire. Contact us to start not just a process, but a personal, impactful relationship.
Creating A Fund Is Simple
Creating a fund at the Community Foundation of Central Georgia is simple. Here is what you do to get started:
- Reach out to CFCG staff to determine the best type of fund to accomplish your individualized charitable goals.
- Consult with your professional advisor — CPA, Estate Planning Attorney or Financial Advisor — on the best asset to give as a charitable gift to establish your fund.
- Decide on the name of your fund, and work with CFCG staff to complete a short fund agreement.
- Make a gift to the Community Foundation of Central Georgia to establish your fund. CFCG can accept a wide variety of assets as your gift — cash, appreciated securities, retirement assets, real estate, gifts through a will, etc. There is not a minimum fund size, and you receive a tax deduction in the year your gift is made to your fund.
- Then, you are ready to start making a difference, and CFCG staff members are here to help you.
Interested in establishing a fund?
Contact Julia Wood at the Community Foundation of Central Georgia via email or by phone 478-750-9338.
What are the types of funds?
You’re ready to change the world, starting in your community. Now what? We can help by offering our professional expertise to find the best avenue for your philanthropy.
There are six types of funds available to meet your goals and a variety of community needs. Your legacy can be customized according to your interests, frequency of giving, involvement and charitable recommendations. Whether you are a budding or seasoned philanthropist, or a financial advisor seeking the best interests of your clients, the staff of the Community Foundation will personally work with you to determine which of these funds make the most of your giving.
Are you considering establishing a fund? If so, please schedule an appointment to speak with the staff of the Community Foundation about what you want to accomplish through your charitable giving. This will enable the staff to recommend the best type of fund to accomplish your individualized charitable goals.