Needs and Opportunities Change. But Your Community Can Always Count on You.
Unrestricted funds are there for when the community needs them the most. They allow the Community Foundation Board of Directors the discretion to make grants to address the most urgent needs and opportunities in our region. It is a long-term fund, intended to be available to meet the changing needs and opportunities of the community, into perpetuity.
What are the Benefits of an Unrestricted Fund?
Many people choose to create an unrestricted fund through their will when they want to support the community they love.
- It is a long-term fund created for long-term impact.
- It addresses changing needs and opportunities.
- Your money stays in your community and is used to make grants, when and where it is needed most.
Have a Question?
If you have questions or are ready to get started, contact Julia Wood at 478-750-9338 or email@example.com.
Hear From Donors
The Community Foundation is a way for every family to be a part of philanthropy in the community and select their own way of what’s important to them. A private foundation is a wonderful thing, but a Community Foundation is for all of us.- Melvin Kruger
CFCG’s Unrestricted Funds
Unrestricted Funds make the Community Foundation of Central Georgia’s Nonprofit Grant Program possible. Currently, these programs award more than $600,000 per year in grants in Central Georgia. The following unrestricted funds make these programs possible:
- L.D. and Minnie Lee Brown Fund
- Fickling Family Fund
- The Fund for Memorials and Honoraria
- Ross and Geneva Gardner Fund
- General Fund
- William S. Hutchings Fund
- Jones Freeman Ross Family Fund
- Kruger Fund
- Edward Miraglia, Jr. Fund
- Olson Fund
- Hazel Elizabeth Rogers Fund
- John F. Rogers, Jr. Fund
- Emily Walker Fund
- Walters Family Fund
- Zuver Fund