Grant Recipient Media Kit
Congratulations on your grant from CFCG!
Your program is important and worthy of media attention. Publicity and media coverage will help ensure the success of the funded project, your organization and the Community Foundation of Central Georgia. To help you communicate the impact of your work, we have provided a Grant Recipient Media Kit.
CFCG is always interested in capturing the stories of our grantees. Telling your story helps to tell our story! Compelling storytelling helps communicate to our donors the importance of supporting projects like yours. We often feature stories of our grantees in our marketing materials, including our newsletters and annual report. If you have a story that you would like to share, please contact Darius Maynard, Program Associate.
The following materials are intended for the use of CFCG grantees and will help you get the recognition your project and organization deserve. Here are some suggested ways to announce your project’s grant award:
Please acknowledge the Community Foundation’s support with our name and logo in publications, programs and signage for any event or presentation funded that received grant funding.
Please always use our full name—Community Foundation of Central Georgia—when referencing the Foundation. Where possible, please include the written acknowledgement below as well as the logo:
This grant was made possible by the Community Foundation of Central Georgia.
This project was funded (or funded in part) by a grant from the Community Foundation of Central Georgia.
- There are two logo versions in both color and black & white. Use whichever best fits your publication preserving original colors. Place the logo upright and do not alter it in any way. Acceptable use of the Foundation’s logo includes, but is not limited to: newspaper ads, TV ads; newsletters, postcards, brochures; websites and social media channels.
- We encourage you to use the Community Foundation Logo where suitable.
- If your received funding from a specific fund or one of our affiliate Foundation’s please contact us order to receive the correct logo.
- Issue a press release announcing the grant award, always try to include pictures of the program and check presentation, along with the Community Foundation Logo and the logo of your organization.
- Utilize the Sample Press Release as a guideline. We are happy to provide a quote for your press release. Please email us to request a quote from a Community Foundation representative. Options for sending out a press release: The Telegraph, 13WMAZ, 41NBC, WGXA or other local news stations.
- Consider hosting events to mark your project’s major milestones. Include donors, elected officials and community leaders in photo opportunities. Invite media to cover the event and distribute a pre- and post-event press release with the newsworthy highlights, as appropriate.
Offline & Online Publications
- Feature the grant award in newsletters, eblasts, social media, donor update letters and on your website. Include a compelling photo of the project or the residents you are serving, the check presentation, etc.
- Utilize the Sample Newsletter Article as a guideline.
Inform Your Board of Directors/Government Representatives
- Please notify your board about your recent grant from the Community Foundation of Central Georgia.
- Letters from community organizations help legislators understand the importance of investing public funds in your community.
- Utilize the Sample Letter to help you get started.
- Facebook (www.facebook.com/cfcga)
- Like the Community Foundation of Central Georgia’s page and we’ll like your page
- Mention @CFCGA in grant related posts, photos and events
- Instagram (www.instagram.com/cfcentralga)
- Follow Community Foundation and we’ll follow you
- Mention @CFCentralGA in grant related posts and photos
- Twitter (www.twitter.com/cfcga)
- Follow Community Foundation and we’ll follow you
- Mention @CFCGA in grant related posts and photos
Our Name and Organizational Description
- Please use “Community Foundation of Central Georgia” when referring to the organization. When including a description, please use the following:
The Community Foundation of Central Georgia was founded in 1993 by a group of citizens interested in encouraging philanthropy and strengthening communities. Since then, the foundation has awarded more than $89 million in grants. Our donors make possible the foundation’s mission to enhance the quality of life for the people of Central Georgia. To learn more, visit cfcga.org.
Share your story
- The Community Foundation would like to hear how a grant from the Foundation helped your organization. If you would like to share your story of impact from a grant at the Foundation, please send a narrative, photo or video to us.
- CFCG highlights its grantees through the media, on our website and in our Report to the Community.
- You can also share project photos in our Grant Recipient Facebook Group:
- Take advantage of opportunities to capture and share appealing images. The Community Foundation features grant recipients in our printed publications, on our website and on our Facebook Page | Instagram | Twitter. Please share your images with us. With advance notice, we can often arrange to attend events or visit programs.