Rotary Education Scholarship Fund
The Rotary Education Foundation Scholarship Fund was established by The Macon Rotary Club for the purpose of assisting deserving and needy students to attend college. Scholarships are granted to qualified students for the purpose of attending an accredited college or university full time. Scholarships may be renewed for one or more additional years, up to a maximum of four years. Scholarships are granted to undergraduate students only. Although scholarships are granted primarily to students who are residents of Central Georgia, an out-of-state student may be awarded a scholarship to attend Mercer University or Wesleyan College.
The Scholarship was established by The Macon Rotary Club for the purpose of assisting deserving and needy students to attend college.
- be pursuing an undergraduate degree as a full-time student at an accredited college or university.
- Preference is given to applicants with residence in Bibb County and the Central Georgia area or to students attending Wesleyan College or Mercer University.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Scholastic ability as reflected by his or her grades in school and any relevant test scores or performance.
- Financial need
- Good character of the applicant, and the promise that he or she evidences of making good use of any grant.
Additional Short Answer Questions and Attachments
On the last page of the application, you will select the Rotary Education Foundation Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- Provide the name and email address of one reference from an academic dean, advisor, or teacher who has agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. This person will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them before submitting their email address and let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
Amount of Award: Varies
Number of Awards: Varies. At least one new recipient annually.
Prior recipients may re-apply and be reconsidered each year for a future award, however, renewals are not guaranteed. In order to be considered, he/she must:
- Complete the online renewal application in CFCG’s Web Portal by March 15th of each year.
- Submit an unofficial transcript at the end of each fall and spring semester for which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain the eligibility criteria as defined in the scholarship’s guidelines.
- If a scholarship recipient receives a “D” in any class, they will be placed on probation. A second “D” (or 2 “D’s” in one grading period) or an “F” at any time terminates the scholarship.
- Additionally, if the recipient is not enrolled as a full-time student, is placed on suspension by the institution, or if the financial circumstances of the student no longer require funds from the Rotary Foundation Scholarship, the scholarship will be revoked.
If a prior recipient does not maintain the eligibility criteria or faces unique circumstances that require him/her to take time off or take a reduced course load for a semester, the student should contact the Community Foundation to determine if he/she is eligible for continued funding.