The Rotary Club of Downtown Macon Scholarship Fund
The Rotary Club of Downtown Macon is a civic organization composed of more than 120 men and women who believe passionately in Rotary’s motto of “service above self”. Information about the club and its members is available at www.downtownmaconrotary.org.
In 2016, the club endowed this scholarship fund at the Community Foundation of Central Georgia to assist eligible first generation students of Bibb County with the cost of attending college, university or accredited technical college in Georgia.
To provide a college scholarship to a graduating senior of a public or private high school or a homeschooled student in Bibb County.
- Must be a graduating senior at a public or private high school or a homeschooled student in Bibb County.
- Must be a resident of Bibb County.
- Must be accepted to and planning to enroll at a university, college, or accredited technical college in Georgia. Students planning to attend an online or for-profit college are not eligible to apply.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student (completing 12 or more credit hours), or enrolled as a part time student while working part time or full time.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to apply.
- Children of members of the Rotary Club of Downtown Macon are not eligible to apply.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Preference will be given to first generation college students. A first generation college student is defined as a student with neither parent having received a four-year college degree.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Positive recordin academics, community service, or service to others.
The selection committee shall make the recommendation of the scholarship recipient(s) to the Community Foundation of Central Georgia for fund disbursement. The scholarship disbursement shall be made directly to the educational institution(s) for the benefit of the scholarship recipient(s).
The Selection Committee is comprised of a representative from Rotary Club of Downtown Macon, a representative from the Community Foundation of Central Georgia and a community representative.
Scholarship Amount: $500 initially
Number of Awards: At least 1 per year
Renewal For Prior Recipients
A prior recipient of the Rotary Club of Downtown Macon Scholarship Fund is eligible to renew each subsequent year of his/her undergraduate education career (up to four years total). In order to renew, he/she must:
- Complete the online renewal application by March 15th of each year.
- Submit an unofficial transcript at the end of each fall and spring semester for which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain enrollment at a university, college, or accredited technical college in Georgia. Recipients must be enrolled as a full time student (completing 12 or more credit hours), or enrolled as a part-time student while working part-time or full-time each fall and spring semester he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
How To Apply
You will need a User ID and Password to access the online application at the Web Portal. The information required to complete the online application is outlined below for your convenience.
As part of the online application process applicants will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Current submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report indicating the value of the applicant’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner.
Selected recipients must be able to attend the Rotary Club of Downtown Macon’s meeting on the first Wednesday in May at 12:30pm to be recognized.
If you experience technical difficulties or need assistance, please contact the Community Foundation of Central Georgia at (478) 750-9338 or email@example.com.