Reginald A. Poole, Jr. Scholarship Fund
This R.A.P. Scholarship Award was founded by the family and friends as a tribute to the late Mr. Reginald “Reggie” Antonio Poole, Jr. Reggie was highly educated, talented, compassionate, caring, and enjoyed life to the fullest. To commemorate Reggie’s life and legacy, we want to support students in attaining their college goals in pursuit of becoming the best versions of themselves as Reggie did. Reggie graduated from Fort Valley State University and received his bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science. He was a first-generation college graduate and had a positive impact on everyone he encountered. To continue his legacy of academic excellence, we want to support those who share Reggie’s interest in his chosen field of study (Computer Science) by awarding annually a $1,000 non-renewable scholarship to support the recipient in achieving his or her goal. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements and criteria to be considered for the R.A.P Scholarship.
To provide a college scholarship to students who share Reggie’s interest in Computer Science, which was his chosen field of study.
- have at least a GPA 3.0
- be a rising college Juniors & Seniors
- be pursing a degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Career interest in the Computer Science field
- Preference will be given to students enrolled at Fort Valley State University, Reggie’s alma mater.
- Preference will be given to selecting a new recipient annually, when possible.
Additional Short Answer Questions and Attachments
On the last page of the application, you will select the FReggie A. Poole, Jr. Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- A personal statement response explaining your career plans in the field of Computer Science.
Amount of Award: At least $1,000 annually, non-renewable
Number of Awards: At least 1 new award per year.
Renewal for Prior Recipients: : A prior recipient of this scholarship is eligible to reapply for the scholarship award as long as they maintain the eligibility criteria. However, preference will be given to a new recipient annually. In order to be considered, he/she must apply again the following year. In addition, recipients must:
- Complete the online renewal application each year.
- Submit an unofficial transcript at the end of each fall and spring semester for which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain the eligibility criteria as defined in the scholarship’s guidelines.
If a prior recipient does not maintain the eligibility criteria or faces unique circumstances that require him/her to take time off or take a reduced course load for a semester, the student should contact the Community Foundation to determine if he/she is eligible for continued funding.