Chapin Henley M.D. Scholarship Fund
This scholarship was established by Russell Henley, in honor of his father, Dr. Chapin Henley. Russell said, “This scholarship is a tribute to my dad, Chapin Henley, who has always been an inspiration to me. Against the odds, he worked hard and became a doctor. He really cared about his patients, often treating people who couldn’t pay him. He made house calls. He went on mission trips. And after he retired, he opened a medical clinic for uninsured working people. Through this fund, I hope to give back to others like my dad has. I want this scholarship to help people who are trying to better themselves.”
The scholarship was created to assist individuals pursuing a post-secondary education, and who display a desire for academic achievement. This scholarship is open to employees of Idle Hour Country Club and their dependents.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applicants must either be employees of Idle Hour Club or dependents of an employee of Idle Hour Club.
- Must be pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
- Preference will be given to students with financial need.
- Must be accepted or attending an accredited two or four-year college, university, or technical school.
- Students must be attending school full-time, or attending school part-time and working part-time.
- Students must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA.
Additional Short Answer Questions and Attachments
On the last page, you will select the Chapin Henley M.D. Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- You will be asked to list the name of the person that works at Idle Hour Club (either yourself or your parent’s name), tell how that person is related to you (parent, self), the name of their supervisor at Idle Hour Club, and provide their supervisor’s phone number.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript – you must request this from your current school.
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
Amount of Award: Up to $1,000
Number of Awards: At least one per year
Prior recipients may re-apply using the All Undergraduate Scholarship Applications and be reconsidered each year for a future award. Renewals are not guaranteed.