Frederick G. Byington and Christine Latta Byington Family Scholarship Fund
This scholarship fund was created in memory of Fredrick G. Byington and Christine Latta Byington.
The purpose of the scholarship is to aid students who are residents of Wilkinson County, Georgia and who have limited financial resources to enter, attend, and/or complete college, vocational school, seminary, graduate school, and/or professional school.
- Residents of Wilkinson County, GA.
- To qualify, a student is not required to be an “A” or “Honor” student, but s/he shall exhibit such abilities and aptitudes as necessary for successful completion of the course of study being pursued.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Financial Need
- Preference will be given to students attending Georgia College & State University, Georgia Military College, Middle Georgia State University, the University of Georgia, Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia Southern University, Central Georgia Technical College or like an institution, or a Baptist or Methodist Theological Seminary.
Amount of Award: Varies.
Number of Awards: Up to two new recipients are selected annually.
Renewal for Prior Recipients: A prior recipient of this scholarship fund is eligible to renew the award each subsequent year of his/her undergraduate education career for up to four years. In order to renew, he/she must:
- Complete the online renewal application each year.
- Submit an unofficial transcript at the end of each fall and spring semester for which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain the eligibility criteria as defined in the scholarship’s guidelines.
If a prior recipient does not maintain the eligibility criteria or faces unique circumstances that require him/her to take time off or take a reduced course load for a semester, the student should contact the Community Foundation to determine if he/she is eligible for continued funding.