The Education Together Scholarship Fund
Application & Renewal Deadline: March 15th at 12:00pm (noon)
Education Together is a collaboration between The Telegraph and an array of community partners to provide needs-based educational scholarships to high school seniors in Middle Georgia. The renewable annual awards will defray the cost of higher education or technical college at designated colleges and universities in Middle Georgia.
To provide college scholarships to graduating seniors of public or private high schools or homeschooled students in Bibb, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach and Twiggs counties who are enrolled at colleges, universities and technical colleges in Middle Georgia.
- Must be a graduating senior at a public or private high school or a homeschooled student in Bibb, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach or Twiggs County.
- Must be accepted to and planning to enroll at a university, college, or accredited technical college in Middle Georgia. Eligible schools include Central Georgia Technical College, Fort Valley State University, Mercer University, Middle Georgia State University, and Wesleyan College.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 to apply.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Positive record in academics, community service, or service to others.
- Preference will be given to first generation college students. A first generation college student is defined as a student with neither parent having received a four-year college degree.
HOW TO APPLY
As part of the online application process applicants will be asked to upload the following:
- Current submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report indicating the value of the applicant’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. Please visit FASFA.ed.gov to complete the FASFA form.
- The name and email address of a teacher, coach, or mentor willing to submit a letter of recommendation on behalf of the student.
Scholarship Amount: $10,000.00 total. $2,500.00 per year for up to four years.
Number of Awards: 15-18 per year
RENEWAL FOR PRIOR RECIPIENTS
A 2016 recipient of the Education Together Scholarship Fund is eligible to renew each subsequent year of his/her undergraduate education career (up to four years total). In order to renew, he/she must:
- Complete the online renewal application by March 15th of each year.
- Submit an unofficial transcript at the end of each fall and spring semester for which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain enrollment as a full time student at Central Georgia Technical College, Fort Valley State University, Georgia College & State University, Georgia Military College, Mercer University, Middle Georgia State University, or Wesleyan College.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
If a recipient faces unique circumstances that require him/her to take time off or take a reduced course load for a semester, the student should contact the Community Foundation to determine if he/she is eligible for continued funding. The scholarship selection committee will evaluate these cases on an individual basis.