Macon GA Chapter of the Links HBCU Scholarship Fund
This scholarship was established in 2022 in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Macon (GA) Chapter of the Links, Incorporated.
The purpose of this scholarship is to help students from Central Georgia attend a Historically Black College or University and to provide support and impactful experiences ensuring college completion and success beyond.
- Be a graduating senior from a high school in one of the following counties: Baldwin, Bibb, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, or Twiggs County.
- Have a minimum 2.5 Cumulative GPA in High School.
- Planning to attend any Historically Black College or University
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following:
- Financial Need
- Scholastic Achievement
- Community Service
- Extracurricular Activities
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
Additional Short Answer Questions and Attachments
The Macon (GA) Chapter of the Links, Incorporated HBCU Endowed Scholarship Fund will request the following additional information:
- If required, provide the name and email address of one person, who is not a relative of yours, who has agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. This person will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them if they are willing to write a reference for you before submitting their email address. Please also let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
Amount of Award: $2,000 award, paid as $500 annually, renewable for up to four years.
Number of Awards: One new recipient is selected annually, up to four concurrent awards.
Renewal for Prior Recipients: A prior recipient of this scholarship is eligible to renew the scholarship award as long as they remain enrolled full-time and maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA in college. The award is renewable until the completion of the program of study or for a maximum of four years. In order to renew, he/she must:
- Complete the Scholarship Renewal Request form by December 21st of each.
- Submit Grade Reports at the end of each Fall and Spring semester for which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain the eligibility criteria as defined in the scholarship’s guidelines.
If a prior recipient does not maintain the eligibility criteria or faces unique circumstances that require him/her to take time off or take a reduced course load for a semester, the student should contact the Community Foundation to determine if he/she is eligible for continued funding.