David Leon and Love Lankford Presley Scholarship Fund
Productive and fruitful endeavors have been highly valued by the Presley and Lankford families. An objective of this Scholarship Fund is to foster sustainable commitment to an education that will lead to productive and fruitful endeavors for an individual student. This fund is a direct result of the lifetimes of hard work and sacrifice by David Leon Presley and Love Lankford Presley. Therefore, the best use of the funds is to invest in students who are serious about preparing themselves for a life of hard work.
To provide a college scholarship to a graduate of Putnam County High School or Gatewood School who has demonstrated a willingness and initiative to engage in some productive and fruitful endeavor during their high school career.
- Must be a graduate of Putnam County High School or Gatewood School in Putnam County, Georgia.
- Must be accepted and planning to attend an accredited technical school, college or university.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 to apply.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Demonstrated financial need
- Likelihood to achieve a productive and fruitful life’s work
- Volunteer or work efforts
- Recommendation from a teacher stating the reasons why the student is deserving of the award consistent with the intent of the scholarship.
Additional Short Answer Questions and Attachments
On the last page, you will select the David Leon and Love Lankford Presley Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- A short essay addressing your rationale that an award will be a sound investment in furthering your ability to achieve a productive and fruitful life’s work in addition to highlighting your volunteer or work efforts.
- Provide the name and email address of one reference who has agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. This person will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them before submitting their email address and let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript – you must request this from your current school.
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
Amount of Award: Varies
Number of Awards: Four total, one new recipient selected annually
Renewal for Prior Recipients: A prior recipient of this scholarship fund is eligible to renew the award each subsequent year of his/her undergraduate education career for up to four years. In order to renew, he/she must:
- Complete the online renewal application by March 15th of each year.
- Submit an unofficial transcript email@example.com at the end of each fall and spring semester for which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain the eligibility criteria as defined in the scholarship’s guidelines.
If a prior recipient does not maintain the eligibility criteria or faces unique circumstances that require him/her to take time off or take a reduced course load for a semester, the student should contact the Community Foundation to determine if he/she is eligible for continued funding.