Greater Tindall Neighborhood Scholarship Fund
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide scholarships for post-secondary education tuition and related fees for the residents of Tindall Heights.
- Applicants must be a resident of the Tindall Heights area and have an 80% AMI household income limit at the time of application.
- Applicants must have and maintain the minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Applicants must be enrolled at, or accepted to, an accredited public or private college, university, or technical school.
- Applicant must maintain enrollment as a full-time student (completing 12 or more credit hours) or may be enrolled as a part-time student while working full-time each fall and spring semester he/she receives the scholarship.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following:
- Financial Need
- Academic Merit
Additional Application Requirements
The Greater Tindall Neighborhood Scholarship Fund will request the following additional information:
- Eligible applicants must complete the online scholarship application, providing the name and email address of one reference who will submit a recommendation on their behalf. This letter should come from an academic dean, advisor, counselor, teacher, coach, or employer.
Total Award Amount: $2,000 per recipient ( payable as $500 annually, renewable for up to four years).
Number of Awards: at least one new recipient is selected annually.
Renewal for Prior Recipients:: A prior recipient of this scholarship fund is eligible to renew the award each subsequent year of his/her education career for up to four years. To renew, he/she must complete all the required follow-ups assigned by the CFCG Scholarship Director and adhere to the Greater Tindall Neighborhood Scholarship Fund eligibility criteria.
If a prior recipient does not maintain the eligibility criteria or faces unique circumstances that require him/her to take time off or take a reduced course load for a semester, the student should contact the Community Foundation to determine if he/she is eligible for continued funding.