GIGA Inc. Scholarship Fund
Since 1979, GIGA Inc. has been a leader in serving the U.S. Military and industry with reliable and quality made goods. GIGA has sold a wide variety of merchandise, from automotive parts, NASCAR memorabilia and tents, to hunting and safety clothing. GIGA works with more than 16,000 manufacturers and distributors, to find the products their valued customers’ desire.
Founding partners of GIGA and life-long residents of Wilkinson County, the late Mr. Sidney S. Miller and the late Mrs. Carolyn P. Miller, instilled solid values into the development of the company. Their family appreciates hard work, integrity and moral ethics, and these values are still the primary focus for each employee of this family-owned company.
The GIGA Inc. Scholarship is awarded because of Mr. and Mrs. Miller’s dedication to their family, education and GIGA Inc. The scholarship was created to assist individuals pursuing an undergraduate degree who display a capacity for learning and a desire for academic achievement. This scholarship is open to employees of GIGA and their dependents, and graduating seniors of Wilkinson County High School.
- Enrolled at, or acceptance to, an accredited public or private college or university, pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- A minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA through the last two grading periods.
- Enrollment as a full-time student, or as a part-time student and working full-time.
- Applicants must be employees of GIGA, dependents of employees of GIGA, or a graduating senior from Wilkinson County High School.
- GIGA employees must be employed for at least three years for them or their dependents to be eligible.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Scholastic merit.
- Involvement in civic and extra-curricular activities.
- Potential to succeed – grades, evidence of having overcome adversity, considerable volunteer experience through school, community, or religious organizations.
- Financial need.
- Preference will be given to employees of GIGA and their dependents.
Additional Short Answer Questions and Attachments
On the last page, you will select the GIGA Inc. Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- A short essay describing educational plans and commitment to community service.
- High School Seniors Only – Provide the name and email address of one reference who has agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. This should come from your counselor or teacher. This person will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them before submitting their email address and let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript – you must request this from your current school.
Amount of Award: Varies, typically $1,000
Number of Awards: At least one per year
Prior recipients may re-apply and be reconsidered each year for a future award. Renewals are not guaranteed.