Charles H. Williamson Memorial Scholarship Fund
Established as a Trust in 1925, the Charles H. Williamson Scholarship was created by Mrs. W. W. Williamson and Mrs. Walter A. Harris (the mother and sister of Charles H. Williamson respectively). The original Trust was to provide a scholarship for graduates of Lanier High School for Boys, where Mr. Williamson attended. Graduates were required to attend the University of Georgia, also Mr. Williamson’s alma mater. In 1974 the Scholarship began awarding multiple four-year college scholarships to boys and girls, from what is now known as Central High School.
To provide four-year college scholarships to graduates of Central High School in Macon, Georgia, attending the University of Georgia.
- This scholarship is open to graduating seniors of Central High School who have been accepted to and plan on attending the University of Georgia.
- Candidates must demonstrate a caring attitude, be of high moral character, and show characteristics of positive leadership and citizenship.
- Students must have and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Scholastic merit
- Personal character
- Financial need – including work ethic and number of dependents.
- Potential to succeed – indicators include grades, evidence of having overcome adversity, and participation in school, community, or religious organizations.
Additional Short Answer Questions and Attachments
On the last page, you will select the Charles H. Williamson Memorial Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- Provide the name and email address of one reference who has agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. This should come from a teacher or counselor. This person will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them before submitting their email address and let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school transcript – you must request this from your current school.
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
Amount of Award: $10,000 per year for up to four years.
Number of Awards: One new recipient is selected annually.
Renewal for Prior Recipients: A prior recipient of this scholarship fund is eligible to renew the award each subsequent year of his/her undergraduate education career for up to four years. In order to renew, he/she must:
- Complete the online renewal application by March 15th of each year.
- Submit an unofficial transcript email@example.com at the end of each fall and spring semester for which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain full-time enrollment, completing 12 or more credit hours each fall and spring semester he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain the eligibility criteria as defined in the scholarship’s guidelines.
If a prior recipient does not maintain the eligibility criteria or faces unique circumstances that require him/her to take time off or take a reduced course load for a semester, the student should contact the Community Foundation to determine if he/she is eligible for continued funding.