The Billy and Bobby Stevens Scholarship Fund
The Billy and Bobby Stevens Fund was established under the wills of Mr. and Mrs. W.P. Stevens in memory of Billy and Bobby Stevens.
The purpose of the fund is to provide scholarships to students from Bibb, Houston, Crawford, Twiggs, Jones, Peach, or Monroe counties who are pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must be graduates of an accredited high school in one of the following counties: Bibb, Houston, Crawford, Twiggs, Jones, Peach, or Monroe counties.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average in high school and must maintain a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average in college to remain eligible.
- Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited four-year public or private institution in the state of Georgia. Students must be participating in an undergraduate degree seeking program only. The Scholarship is not for those receiving a masters degree or PhD.
- Applicants must submit a transcript at the end of each semester for which they received scholarship funding.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Academic performance
- Financial need
- Personal character
Additional Short Answer Questions and Attachments
On the last page, you will select the Billy and Bobby Stevens Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- Provide the name and email address of one reference who has agreed to submit a letter of recommendation for you. This person will receive an email from our system allowing them to submit your recommendation. Please ask them before submitting their email address and let them know when you have submitted your application because that is when they will receive the email.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held, and other relevant experience.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript – you must request this from your current school.
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
Amount of Award: $3,000 per year
Number of Awards: Eight total per year, two new recipients selected annually
Renewal for Prior Recipients: A prior recipient of this scholarship fund is eligible to renew the award each subsequent year of his/her undergraduate education career for up to four years. In order to renew, he/she must:
- Complete the online renewal application by March 15th of each year.
- Submit an unofficial transcript email@example.com at the end of each fall and spring semester for which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain full-time enrollment, completing 12 or more credit hours each fall and spring semester he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain the eligibility criteria as defined in the scholarship’s guidelines.
If a prior recipient does not maintain the eligibility criteria or faces unique circumstances that require him/her to take time off or take a reduced course load for a semester, the student should contact the Community Foundation to determine if he/she is eligible for continued funding.