Create A Fund at BLCF
Make a Difference!
Do you want to make a difference and give back to the community you love? We can help. A donor advised fund at BLCF makes charitable giving easy and helps you support your favorite causes and nonprofit organizations.
You can create your own Donor Advised Fund at the Barnesville-Lamar Community Foundation.
Have your own personal fund for giving and recommend grants to your favorite nonprofits.
Here’s how it works:
• Foundation staff work with you to set up a fund specifically for you, your family or your business.
• You make a gift to the Barnesville-Lamar Community Foundation to establish your fund. (There is not a minimum fund size.)
• The Foundation can accept a wide variety of assets as your gift—cash, appreciated securities, retirement assets, real estate, gifts through a will, etc.
• You receive a tax deduction in the year your gift is made to your fund because the Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit.
o Cash: Up to 60% of AGI
o Stock: FMV up to 30% of AGI
o Real Estate: FMV up to 30% of AGI
• You retain the privilege of recommending grants from your fund to nonprofits of your choice.
• The Foundation provides professional asset management and handles all of the administrative details.
• You can involve family members and choose successor advisors to advise your fund when you are no longer able.
• The fee for a fund is an annual administrative fee (on a tiered schedule starting at 1% and decreasing as the size of the fund increases) plus investment management fees.