Christine Riggins Shepherd Scholarship Fund
To provide college scholarships to students of Lamar, Pike, Monroe, Upson or Spalding counties in Georgia who will attend Georgia Southern University. Preference will be given to applicants from Lamar County.
- Applicants must attend Georgia Southern University.
- Applicants must be a graduate of an accredited high school in Lamar, Pike, Monroe, Upson or Spalding counties in Georgia.
- Applicants must be completing their first undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must have and maintain the minimum cumulative GPA to keep the HOPE Scholarship in Georgia. (Currently: a HOPE Scholarship recipient must graduate from high school with a minimum 3.00 grade point average (as calculated by GSFC) and maintain a minimum 3.00 cumulative postsecondary grade point average to remain eligible.)
Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Preference will be given applicants from Lamar County, Georgia
- Academic Merit
- Financial Need
Additional Short Answer Questions and Attachments
Applicants will complete the CFCG Undergraduate Scholarship Application. On the last page, select the Christine Riggins Shepherd Scholarship Fund and upload the following additional information:
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held and other relevant experiences.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript. You must request this from your current school.
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
Amount of Award: Varies
Number of Awards: At least one annually
Renewal for Prior Recipients: A prior recipient of this scholarship fund is eligible to renew the award each subsequent year of his/her undergraduate education career for up to four years. In order to renew, he/she must:
- Complete the online renewal application by March 15th of each year.
- Submit an unofficial transcript at the end of each fall and spring semester for which he/she receives the scholarship.
- Maintain the eligibility criteria as defined in the scholarship’s guidelines.
If a prior recipient does not maintain the eligibility criteria or faces unique circumstances that require him/her to take time off or take a reduced course load for a semester, the student should contact the Community Foundation to determine if he/she is eligible for continued funding.