Ferst Readers of Lamar County
Partnering for Success
Today, Ferst Readers of Lamar County addresses one of the most basic issues of childhood literacy by ensuring the availability of quality books in the home so parents can read to their child. Learn more about their mission and their fund on our blog.
Help us write a story of future success
The Ferst Readers Endowment promotes transformative literacy development for children in our community forever. Every $1,000 added to the endowment ensures that one child in Lamar County would be provided age-appropriate books in perpetuity.
Your gift is the building block of our success
We welcome gifts of all sizes and types to support early childhood literacy efforts in Lamar County.Give Now
Ways to Give
- Give by check. Make your check payable to “Community Foundation of Central Georgia” and indicated “Ferst Readers of Lamar County” on the memo line. Mail your check to the Community Foundation of Central Georgia at 577 Mulberry Street, Suite 1600 Macon, GA 31201.
- Give online using a debit or credit card.
- Leave a gift in your will using the following language:
- “I give the following gift ___________________ [A specific dollar amount or a percentage of my estate] to the Ferst Readers of Lamar County Endowment Fund of the Barnesville-Lamar Community Foundation, which is an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Central Georgia, Inc. a 501(c)(3) tax exempt nonprofit organization (Tax ID 58-2053465).”
- Make a gift of Appreciated Securities – To make a gift of stock, please call the Foundation at 478-750-9338 for DTC instructions.
- Make a charitable distribution from your IRA – Complete a beneficiary designation form provided by your retirement plan custodian and designate the Ferst Readers Fund at Community Foundation of Central Georgia.