Join our Team
The Community Foundation of Central Georgia is looking for a new team member with bookkeeping experience who works independently, is self-motivated, and detailed-oriented and organized. The Foundation Associate manages the weekly grant process and is responsible for various bookkeeping functions. This position works collaboratively with all Foundation staff.
To apply, please email email@example.com and request the link to the application. Please do not call. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or significant work experience
- Bookkeeping experience
- Attentiveness to detail and accuracy in data entry, reporting, fact-finding, and writing
- Demonstrated aptitude for analyzing and interpreting data from multiple sources
- Strong computer skills in basic software, web-based platforms, and creating reports
- Skilled in managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with diverse individuals
- Ability to act with sensitivity and discretion while working with highly confidential information
- Responsible for weekly grant process, including due diligence on all grants, preparation, and distribution of docket for approval, printing and mailing of grant checks, correspondence with grantees and fund holders, and closing the grant records.
- Encumber grants when required in weekly grantmaking process and release for payment.
- Weekly accounts payable entry, printing, and processing for distribution.
- Assist with bookkeeping function of Foundation, including preparation of many Foundation reports.
- Prepare for and assist in CFCG annual audit and tax filings.
- Prepare monthly reports of transactions for organizational funds, as requested.
- Answer inquiries from auditors of other nonprofit entities related to grants made to that organization.
- Calculate annual spending amounts for funds per the quarterly Spending Calculation Query Report. Distribute information to appropriate staff members. If for payment, coordinate with Program Officer to encumber or pay grants in a timely manner.
- Develop strong knowledge and understanding of GrantedGE, Raisers Edge, and Financial Edge software.
- Set up new funds in FinancialEdge and GrantedGE.
- Welcome guests to the Foundation’s office and serve as primary backup for incoming telephone calls.
- Serve as primary backup for preparation of 990 grant schedule.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.