Gladys Lasky Scholarship Fund
Application Deadline: March 15th at 12:00pm (noon)
The Gladys Lasky Endowment Fund of the Community Foundation of Central Georgia was established in 2000 to promote classical ballet in Macon, Georgia in memory of Gladys Lasky.
To provide a scholarship to a ballet student to participate in classical ballet instruction or summer intensives.
This scholarship is open to ballet students from Georgia who plan to participate in classical ballet instruction classes or summer intensives.
Eligible applicants must complete the online scholarship application. On the last page, the applicant will select the Lasky Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- A series of short answer questions.
- A recommendation letter from your current or most recent ballet instructor, using the form provided.
- A copy of the first page of my parent/guardian’s most recent Form 1040 OR a written explanation of your financial need.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Preference will be given to students with ties to central Georgia who have demonstrated financial need.
- Recommendation from current or most recent ballet instructor
- Potential to succeed
- Number of years of formal dance training
- Amount of Award: Varies.
- Total Number of Awards: 1 per year.