The Chapin Henley M.D. Scholarship Fund
Application Deadline: March 15th at 12:00pm (noon)
This scholarship was established by Russell Henley, in honor of his father, Dr. Chapin Henley. Russell said, “This scholarship is a tribute to my dad, Chapin Henley, who has always been an inspiration to me. Against the odds, he worked hard and became a doctor. He really cared about his patients, often treating people who couldn’t pay him. He made house calls. He went on mission trips. And after he retired, he opened a medical clinic for uninsured working people. Through this fund, I hope to give back to others like my dad has. I want this scholarship to help people who are trying to better themselves.”
The scholarship was created to assist individuals pursuing a post-secondary education, and who display a desire for academic achievement. This scholarship is open to employees of Idle Hour Country Club and their dependents.
- This scholarship is for employees of Idle Hour Country Club and their dependents pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
- Preference will be given to students with financial need.
- Must be accepted or attending at an accredited two or four-year college, university, or technical school.
- Students must be attending school full-time, or attending school part-time and working part-time.
- Students must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA.
Eligible applicants must complete the online scholarship application. On the last page, the applicant will select the Chapin Henley M.D. Scholarship Fund and attach the following additional information:
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held and other relevant experiences.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript - you must request this from your current school.
- Family Financial Information - the applicant must submit one of the following:
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If you did not apply for FAFSA, please submit a copy of your most recent IRS Form-1040.
- Amount of Award: Typically $500
- Total Number of Awards: At least one per year
- Renewals: Students may re-apply each year