The J.W. and Martha Whipple Scholarship Fund
Application Deadline: March 15th at 12:00pm (noon)
The purpose of the J.W. and Martha Whipple Scholarship is to provide college scholarships for graduates of the Wilkinson County High School. The scholarship may be used to pay for a student’s tuition, books, fees, supplies, and room and board.
- Graduate of Wilkinson County High School
- Attending an accredited public or private college, university or technical school
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Enrollment as a full-time student
Eligible applicants must complete the online scholarship application. On the last page, the applicant will select the J.W. and Martha Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- A short essay response describing your academic achievement, career goals, and any special personal or family circumstances affecting your need for financial assistance.
- Provide one reference who will provide a recommendation. This should come from a teacher or counselor.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held and other relevant experiences.
- Your most recent high school transcript - you must request this from your current school.
- Family Financial Information - the applicant must submit one of the following:
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If you did not apply for FAFSA, please submit a copy of your parent/guardian's most recent IRS Form-1040.
Number of awards: currently one
Amount of award: $500 annually for up to four years
Renewable: If a student is eligible for renewal and provides the necessary documentation, they can receive the scholarship for up to 4 years.
The recipient of an initial scholarship is eligible continue to receive the scholarship for up to four years as long as they remain a full-time student and maintain a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher. The GPA will be tested annually at of the end of Spring Semester or Quarter. If the student maintains eligibility, they must submit a “Request for Renewal Form” along with an updated college transcript to receive the funds for the next year.