The Shield Club Scholarship
Application & Renewal Deadline: March 15th at 12:00pm (noon)
Created in 1993 by The Shield Club, this scholarship is to benefit Bibb County police officers, sheriff deputies, firefighters and their immediate family members, including spouses and children.
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate student, attending a state college or university.
- Students must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Preference will be given to the police officers, sheriff deputies, and firefighters.
- Students must submit an official transcript each semester/quarter in order to receive further scholarship funding.
- Preference will be given to those students with the greatest financial need.
Eligible applicants must complete the online scholarship application. On the last page, the applicant will select the Shield Club Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- The contact information (Title, Name, Phone Number, Email) of your respective sheriff, police chief or fire chief.
- Provide one reference who will provide a recommendation. This should come from your school principal, guidance counselor or teacher/professor.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held and other relevant experiences.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript - you must request this from your current school.
Family Financial Information - the applicant must submit the following:
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
- Amount of Awards: $2,000 a year for up to four years.
- Number of Awards: Varies, up to twelve per year.