GIGA Inc. Scholarship Fund
Application Deadline:March 15th at 12:00pm (noon)
Since 1979, GIGA Inc. has been a leader in serving the U.S. Military and industry with reliable and quality made goods. For 25 years, GIGA has sold a wide variety of merchandise, from automotive parts, NASCAR memorabilia, tents, to hunting and safety clothing. GIGA works with more than 16,000 manufacturers and distributors, to find the products their valued customers desire.
Founding partners of GIGA and life long residents of Wilkinson County, the late Mr. Sidney S. Miller and the late Mrs. Carolyn P. Miller, instilled solid values into the development of the company. Their family values of hard work, integrity and moral ethics forged the foundation of GIGA. These values are still the primary focus for each employee of this family-owned company.
The GIGA Inc. Scholarship is awarded because of Mr. and Mrs. Miller's dedication to their family, education and GIGA Inc. The scholarship was created to assist individuals pursuing an undergraduate degree who display a capacity for learning and a desire for academic achievement. This scholarship is open to employees of GIGA and their dependents, and graduating seniors of Wilkinson County High School.
- Enrolled at, or acceptance to, an accredited public or private college or university, pursuing an undergraduate degree.
- A minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA through the last two grading periods.
- Enrollment as a full-time student, or as a part-time student and working full-time.
- Applicants must be employees of GIGA, dependents of employees of GIGA, or a graduating senior from Wilkinson County High School.
- GIGA employees must be employed for at least three years to be eligible.
Applicants will be selected based on the following:
- Scholarship merit
- Involvement in civic and extra-curricular activities
- Potential to succeed - grades, evidence of having overcome adversity, considerable volunteer experience through school, community or religious organizations.
- Financial need
- Preference will be given to employees of GIGA and their dependents.
Eligible applicants must complete the online scholarship application.
- Attach a resume listing your school and community activities.
- Attach a copy of your high school or college transcript.
On the last page, the applicant will select the GIGA Inc. Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- A short essay response describing educational plans and commitment to community service.
- High School Seniors only: Provide one reference who will provide a recommendation. This should come from your counselor or teacher.
- Number of awards made annually – varies.
- Amount of award - varies.
- Awards shall supplement HOPE scholarship whenever possible.
The GIGA Inc. Scholarship Selection Committee will select a recipient(s) based on scholarship merit, civic and extra curricular activities, probability for success and achievement. Awards will be announced in July and the scholarship disbursement shall be made directly to the educational institute(s) for the benefit of the scholarship recipient(s) in the fall.