Career Women's Network Scholarship Fund
Application Deadline: March 15th at 12:00pm (noon)
Make a Contribution to this Fund
Career Women’s Network of Macon is an organization whose purpose is to bring together women of achievement and influence to network ideas, experiences, and resources, and to solidify relationships that can enhance the image and effectiveness of women.
Career Women’s Network of Macon aims to provide a strong network of professional contacts. The organization promotes and encourages members to become effective and visible community leaders; it also supports continuing education and professional development of women. One of the main objectives for Career Women’s Network of Macon is to acknowledge the achievements and contributions of professional women in the community.
Since its founding in 1980, Career Women’s Network of Macon has been committed to the education of women. Each CWN Scholarship award is fulfillment of that commitment. The intent of the scholarships is to provide women an opportunity to further their education and to better prepare them for positions of leadership in the central Georgia community.
- This scholarship is for non-traditional female students. Applicants must be at least 25 years of age.
- Enrollment at, or acceptance to, an accredited college, university, or technical institution.
- The applicant must be enrolled as an undergraduate student, receiving their Bachelor’s degree.
- Preference will be given to students with financial need.
- A demonstrated ability to succeed in an academic environment.
- A 2.5 minimum GPA.
- You may be asked for an interview as part of the application process.
Eligible applicants must complete the online scholarship application. On the last page, the applicant will select the Career Women's Network Scholarship Fund and complete the following additional information:
- A short essay response describing your educational goals, career plans and commitment to community service.
- Optional: Provide a reference who will provide a recommendation.
- A resume listing your school and community activities, athletics, awards, offices held and other relevant experiences.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript - you must request this from your current school.
- Family Financial Information - the applicant must submit one of the following:
- A current, submitted FAFSA Student Aid Report that indicates the value of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the upper right hand corner. If this value is not shown, your application will be considered incomplete.
- If you did not apply for FAFSA, please submit a copy of your most recent IRS Form-1040
- Please note that you may be invited for an interview.
- Selected Recipients must be able to attend the Scholarship Award Luncheon on the first Tuesday in September.
- Number of awards made annually – varies.
- Amount of award will vary.