Donor Advised Funds
A Donor Advised Fund at the Barnesville-Lamar Community Foundation makes philanthropy simple. Establish your own personal fund for giving, and you can recommend grants to your favorite nonprofits at any time.
How it works:
- Foundation staff work with you to set up a fund specifically for you, your family or your business.
- You make a gift to the Barnesville-Lamar Community Foundation to establish your fund. (There is not a minimum fund size.)
- The Foundation can accept a wide variety of assets as your gift — cash, appreciated securities, retirement assets, real estate, gifts through a will, etc.
- You receive a tax deduction in the year your gift is made to your fund.
- You retain the privilege of recommending grants from your fund to nonprofits of your choice.
- The Foundation provides professional asset management and handles all of the administrative details.
- You can involve family members and choose successor advisors to advise your fund when you are no longer able.
- The fee for a fund is an annual administrative fee (on a tiered schedule starting at 1% and decreasing as the size of the fund increases) plus investment management fees.
For more information about establishing a fund, contact the Barnesville-Lamar Community Foundation, an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Central Georgia, via email or by phone 478-750-9338.